Golden Visa Info for British Wanting to Move to Spain

Information about how British Nationals can obtain the Spanish Golden Visa or Golden Residency Permit

Who is applicable and who can apply?

The Golden Visa and Golden Residency Permit can be applied for if:

  • You are not a citizen of an EU member State, the European Economic Area or Switzerland.

 What is required?

  1. You should speak with a lawyer or immigration specialist who will then help prepare the visa application. If you do not already have a contact for this. [We can connect you with the right people.]
  2. You will need a Spanish NIE number and to open a bank account here.
  3. Lastly you need to purchase a Spanish property with a minimum investment of at least 500.000€

There are some other minor requirements that will need to be satisfied such as proof of health insurance and a criminal record check in the UK.

The Visa lasts for 2 years and can be renewed for a further 2 years. After 5 years you can apply for a permanent residency.

Each family member living with you must also fill out an application form of which the immigration specialist will help you.

What type of property can I purchase?

Any property purchased after September 2013 which is over the value of 500,000€ will already be applicable.

If you own a property under this value you can purchase more real estate until you have hit the threshold of 500,000€. It doesn’t have to be a single property.

Any type of apartment, house or villa will be applicable if it is purchased for more than the minimum investment set. Any area of mainland Spain is included in the agreement.

What do I do next?

If you already have a lawyer dealing with the application, please feel free to browse our properties for sale. If you would like to be connected to a reputable agency that deals with the application process please contact:

WhatsappWhatsApp Us